Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of www.batons.com’s Website.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use www.batons.com’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of . Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, www.batons.com and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on www.batons.com. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from http://www.batons.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from http://www.batons.com
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://www.batons.com
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://www.batons.com
Redistribute content from www.batons.com (unless the content is specifically made for redistribution).
Hyperlinking to our Content
- The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls,
and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
- These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce, American Automobile Association, AARP and Consumers Union;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from
the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of www.batons.com’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libellous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
(updated to reflect 2019)
- Entries for the Baton Awards 2019 (the “Batons”) are open to those who are part of the BAME community.
- By entering the Awards you are accepting these terms and conditions.
- To enter the Awards you will be required to provide contact details and relevant evidence to support you nomination (where applicable), which may include details concerning the nominee’s activities and why you believe they should win an Award.
- The Awards Nomination Process open at midday on 29th May 2019 and close at midday on 29th July 2019 (“Nomination Period”). Entries received outside of these dates or times, will not be considered.
- You own the copyright to your Awards entry as its author. By submitting an entry to the Awards, you give The Batons Awards:
a) Permission for your entry to be published on the website; and
b) The right to use Your name and for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry (internal contact purposes only).
- If you are contacted regarding the entry you submitted, you will be given the opportunity to update it. We take no responsibility for entries that are misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Notice will be given in writing to nominees who make it to the Top 10 Nominees or a nominee representative must confirm receipt of entry into the Top 10 within seven working days. We reserve the right to withdraw a nomination from the Top 10 if no such response is received.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The Promoter, Naked Truth PR Ltd shall use and take care of any personal information You supply to it in accordance with data protection legislation. By entering the Awards, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of you personal information in order to process and contact you about the Awards, similar events that may be of interest, or for the purposes outlined in point 6.
- The Batons Awards accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Awards or accepting any reward. The Batons Awards further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Awards.
- The Batons reserves the right to extend the Nomination Period in the event that the entries received are of insufficient quality or quantity. In addition, The Batons Awards reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Awards with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control. The decision of The Batons Awards in all matters under its control is final and binding.
- Judges reserve the right to change an award category if another is deemed more suitable.
Devised by award-winning global female empowerment ambassador Dr Diahanne Rhiney BCAe, the Baton Awards 2018 garnered interest from all over the world. Winners will receive their Baton Award 2019, from one of the pioneering predecessors (Torchbearers) in the field they have succeeded in, and the opportunity to sit and pick their brain after the ceremony.