Celebrating BAME women of Past, Present and Future…
The inaugural Batons awards will celebrate BAME women of Past, Present and Future by acknowledging Britain’s BAME pathfinders and inspiring future pioneers across diverse sectors.
The Baton Awards will specifically fall on International Human Rights Defenders Day, November 29th, at The Terrace Pavillion, Houses of Parliament. Those attending the event will witness female achievers in a selection of industries and backgrounds being handed a Baton by the original game-changers; our . torchbearers.
Nominating someone for a Batons award…
Trailblazing, ambitious, BAME and making a difference. Who do you know that is making a difference in their field? We want to find the most driven, passionate and inspiring BAME industry trailblazers from every corner of the U.K.
Nominate the person who has demonstrated excellence in their respective field, has paved the way, and whose strides reflect the ethos of the Batons Awards.
If you know of anyone who has made an outstanding contribution, be certain to nominate them in the relevant category.
You can nominate the same person for different award categories using a separate nomination application for each award category. If you wish to nominate more than one person or group, please use a separate nomination form for each nominee.
You can even nominate yourself!
It’s simple: why does your nominee deserve to be a Batons Award winner? Enter by completing the online form.
Please include as much relevant information as possible, under the various sections, on how your nominee is making a difference and the impact of their involvement in their field or industry.
After you nominate someone for a Baton Award you’ll receive an acknowledgment. Following the closing date on October 1st, completed Application Forms are sent to the Phase 1 Judge Panel who then identify the five candidates in each category to go forward to the next stage.
The awards will be carefully sifted and two finalists will be selected in each category. The Adjudication Panel will be invited to choose two finalists in each category on October 12th.
The Launch and Shortlisted Nominees Event will take place on October 26th. Batons Award Finalists will be selected by the Final Judging Panel and on November 15th* Stage 3 the finalists will be announced.
Nominations open on September 1st – so be sure to Nominate your BAME trailblazer before the deadline, midday on October 1st.
Please note: Due to the latest Apple updates on Safari for iPhones and IOS devices, you may find an error using the ‘submit’ button. Please use a desktop computer, or try a different iPhone browser (eg Chrome or Firefox).
Our carefully selected judging panels have been chosen to help us ensure that our rigorous 3-part judging process is balanced, fair and just for the thousands of BAME nominees hoping to be honoured at The Batons.
We have done our research and identified a select group of pioneering individuals who have paved the way. We know that they understand the value of role models and embody BAME progress as we seek to empower the next generation of trailblazers.
Our focus is to deliver a balanced judging assessment from industry leaders who will bring their extensive knowledge, enthusiasm and expertise to the judging process and ensure that the winning entries are truly outstanding and worthy of receiving a Baton Award.
The judging panels have been carefully selected to ensure the judging process is fair and objective. The judges are bound by a strict confidentiality agreement and are required to declare any conflict of interest in entries over which they deliberate, in which case that entry will be reallocated. The integrity of this process lies at the very heart of all that we do.
We recognise and respect the sensitive nature of the information submitted in the entries. Submissions are not disclosed or discussed outside the judging process. We do not publish the names of companies, organisations or individuals that have not been shortlisted for an Award, nor will we reproduce any information from your entry unless prior permission is given.
Devised by award-winning global female empowerment ambassador Dr Diahanne Rhiney BCAe, the Baton Awards 2018 has already garnered interest from all over the world. Winners will receive their Baton Award 2018, from one of the pioneering predecessors (torchbearers) in the field they have succeeded in, and the opportunity to sit and pick their brain after the ceremony.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries for the Baton Awards 2018 (the “Batons”) are open to those who are part of the BAME community.
- By entering the Awards you are accepting these terms and conditions.
- To enter the Awards you will be required to provide contact details and relevant evidence to support you nomination (where applicable), which may include details concerning the nominee’s activities and why you believe they should win an Award.
- The Awards Nomination Process open at midday on September 1st at midday and close at 5pm on October 1st 2018 (“Nomination Period”). Entries received outside of these dates will not be considered.
- You own the copyright to your Awards entry as its author. By submitting an entry to the Awards, you give The Batons Awards:
a) Permission for your entry to be published on the website; and
b) The right to use Your name and for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry (internal contact purposes only).
- If you are contacted regarding the entry you submitted, you will be given the opportunity to update it. We take no responsibility for entries that are misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Notice will be given in writing to nominees who make it to the Top 10 Nominees or a nominee representative must confirm receipt of entry into the Top 10 within seven working days. We reserve the right to withdraw a nomination from the Top 10 if no such response is received.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The Promoter, Naked Truth PR shall use and take care of any personal information You supply to it in accordance with data protection legislation. By entering the Awards, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of you personal information in order to process and contact you about the Awards, similar events that may be of interest, or for the purposes outlined in point 6.
- The Batons Awards accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Awards or accepting any reward. The Batons Awards further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Awards.
- The Batons reserves the right to extend the Nomination Period in the event that the entries received are of insufficient quality or quantity. In addition, The Batons Awards reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Awards with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control. The decision of The Batons Awards in all matters under its control is final and binding.
- Judges reserve the right to change an award category if another is deemed more suitable.
Devised by award-winning global female empowerment ambassador Dr Diahanne Rhiney, the Baton Awards 2018 has already garnered interest from all over the world. Winners will receive their Baton Award 2018, from one of the pioneering predecessors (torchbearers) in the field they have succeeded in, and the opportunity to sit and pick their brain after the ceremony.